We're getting ready for a meat coma.
Burgers are at the top of our list and charbroiled is best.
Take note of these top five tips for best charbroiled burgers ever.
1. It goes without saying - or should - use really fresh meat. Make sure the fat content is at least 18%. Sorry, but super lean meat doesn't spell J-U-I-C-Y.
2. Don't forget the salt. Mix 1/2 tsp of salt into 2 tbps water for each lbs of ground meat you use. Water helps distribute the salt (and other seasonings) while adding moisture.
3. Add minced onion, garlic, and other seasonings (nix to bread crumbs, please) to ground meat before making patties. Don't manhandle the meat. Mix well enough to incorporate, then form patties gently.
4. Sear both sides of burger to seal in all the juicy goodness. When you see char marks, it's time to lower the heat. Flip early. Don't wait until the juices collect on the top of your burger. And never mash burgers! Please.
5. Don't overcook. Nothing kills a burger buzz like dry meat.