Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything iPad app
January 03, 2011
Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything has now been optimized for the iPad.
The new app contains 2,000 no-nonsense recipes, plus hundreds of technique illustrations, cooking tips, and detailed ingredient and equipment advice.
The app features extensively enhanced search capability, shopping lists, multiple timers for every recipe, bookmarks within recipes, a recipe note option, featured recipe photos, and more.
Like the iPhone version, this app can be used anywhere, anytime, online or offline. It’s the ultimate companion to everybody’s favorite cookbook.
Written by Mark Bittman, the longtime New York Times columnist, television personality, author, and blogger, How to Cook Everything promotes a simple and accessible approach to home cooking.
For more than 10 years, cooks have relied on this cookbook to make crowd-pleasing food using fresh, natural ingredients; simple techniques; and basic equipment.
In the new How to Cook Everything iPad app you’ll find brand new iPad-only features including:
· Intuitive filters that pinpoint searches by multiple ingredients, techniques, or cuisines
· At-a-glance access to all the book’s how-to illustrations
· Note-taking capability for every recipe
· Bookmarks to hold your place in several recipes at a time
· A constant-on option to allow uninterrupted reading and recipe review
· Featured recipes, now with photos
The iPad app also contains:
· Customizable (and email-friendly) shopping lists
· Built-in timers
· Immediate inspiration with Bittman’s Picks, Quick Dinners, and Most Popular features
· Printing option for recipes and shopping lists
Available at iTunes for $9.99.