Grab a classic cocktail at The Sackett Bar
October 17, 2009
The Sackett (661 Sackett Street between 4th and 5th Avenues, Brooklyn, 718.622.0437), site of the defunct Latin American Cafe, is now open.
Drop in and try their signature cocktail - The Sackett, a blend of Johnny Walker Red, Amaretto, Cointreau, and a dash of orange bitters.
Owners and native New Yorkers Ann Jhun and Michael Ragolia have years of experience in the NY bar, club and music scene.
Jhun worked as a cocktail waitress and bartender at NY’s Limelight and Tunnel nightclubs during her college days. then worked behind the scenes after graduation in promotions at clubs such as Life and Cheetah Club.
At 23, Ann was hired as Speed nightclub’s Director of Promotions where she handled advertising, market analysis and PR in addition to promotions. More recently, Jhun was Director of Sales & Marketing at City, a national luxury lifestyle magazine.
Ragolia has over 8 years of experience in the music industry. As a college student, Michael worked at Matador records in marketing/distribution capacity.
Additionally, he worked as a buyer for two of New York City’s music destination shops, Kim’s Music and Video on the West Village and Sound and Fury on the Lower East Side, where he hand-selected the product from over ten national distributors. Michael is currently a City Planner.
The new Park Slope bar specializes in classic cocktails, wines and craft beers. And there's a daily Happy Hour so you can get your lush on until 7 pm with $4 pints and well drinks, $1 off all beers and rotating cocktail specials.
The Sackett’s kitchen will open in November serving oven-toasted sandwiches and appetizers.
Here's a sneak peek at their upcoming bar menu:
Oven Toasted Sliders
served with organic kettle chips
- -Roast beef, cheddar, sauteed onion and horseradish on a club roll
- -Prosciutto, gorgonzola cream and pear on a ciabatta roll
- -Brie, spinach and walnuts on a ciabatta roll
- -Turkey, cranberry chutney and pepper jack on a club roll
- -Ham, swiss, pickle and peppercorn mayo on a club roll
served with ground white corn chips
- -Spinach yogurt
- -Creamy artichoke
- -Spicy Red lentil
- Income Tax – Hendricks, dry and sweet vermouth, OJ, Angostura bitters
- Mrs. Alexander – Hennessy, dark Crème de Cacao, milk, nutmeg
- The Sackett – Johnny Walker Red, Amaretto, cointreau, dash orange bitters
- Southern Apple – Bulleit, Apple Liquer
- Perfect Pair – Grey Goose Pear, St. Germain, fresh lime, soda
Hours: Open Mon – Thurs 4 pm – 1 am, Fri 4 pm – 3 am, Sat 2 pm – 3 am, Sun 2 pm – 1 am