Thanksgiving 2010 Holiday recipe round-up
November 12, 2010
We're moving the week before Thanksgiving, so I anticipate the first meals in our new home to be served on paper plates atop cardboard boxes.
I could care less!
We're moving into a great little house with a spacious backyard, an adorable side porch, and a fireplace! As long as the fireplace is crackling, I'm good.
But, I realize the rest of the world is scrambling for menu ideas.
Me too, even if I'm not going to go crazy trying to have everything in place day of.
Still, a woman can dream about the next big meal, the one where she's made that fab recycled wood table from ReadyMade, and everyone is gathered together to count their blessings. And on the table a beautiful glistening browned bird.
Oh, the sumptuous sides. Oh, the delicious desserts. Oh the stories we'll tell.
Heres'a holiday recipe round-up for making your own nostalgic moments.
- Drinks at MarthaStewart.com make me a little tipsy. here's to Olive-Rosemary Martinis.
- Start me up! The Food Network has loads of appetizers & starters to choose from.
- Epicurious.com, my go-to site for all things food, has turkey, not one but 10 ways.
- For alternatives to turkey, Food & Wine, brings it on with meaty & meatless mains
- We're eternally grateful for Bon Apetit's Thanksgiving menu generator. How easy is that?
- Keep it simple with six-ingredient recipes from Real Simple. Zen we;re done!
Photo courtesy of The Food Network